The Allison Transmission H40/50 Hybrid three day ILT Maintenance course focuses on diagnostic resources and techniques.
Prerequisites: Technicians must successfully complete the Allison E-Learn H40/50 product families maintenance web based training (WBT) courses.
Course objectives include:
- Understand the importance of following all safety procedures including the electrical disconnect verification procedures
- Use of available resources for maintenance technician diagnostics, service and repair (paper publications; service tools; online publications/resources access and use)
- Identify the components that make up the H40/50 system and the role of each component
- Know the purpose, operational characteristics, requirements, and electrical interfaces associated with the drive unit, dual power inverter module (DPIM), and energy storage system (ESS)
- Understand drive unit gear pack configuration and the propulsion power flow theory
- Understand system hydraulic components, flow, and range attainment
- Perform preventive maintenance practices
- Demonstrate diagnostic procedures utilizing the trouble shooting manual and Allison DOC diagnostic software